Thomas D. McNulty, PE – More than 35 Years
Expertise in program management, design, procurement, due diligence, supply chain oversight, custom engineered equipment, process improvement, quality metric analysis and use, quality management system compliance, regulatory/industry requirements, and configuration management. Leadership roles in a mix of domestic and multinational engagements offer a holistic approach to defining management processes based on sound data and modeling technics. Acumen in leading key management to make effective high value decisions, often with confusing and sometimes highly uncertain data. Relies on team member insights to ensure maximum results. Effectively implements process improvement methods and quality metrics on due diligence engagements. Guides program lenders and investors for identifying technical risk and mitigation strategies for project development, finance, and emerging market impacts. Working knowledge of U.S. FARs, U.S. NRC 10CFR50 Appendix B, U.S. ASME NQA-1, U.S. NRC 10 CFR Part 72, U.S. NAVSEA Code 56X21, ALARA, U.S. DOE Orders, ASTM, ANSI, ISO9001, ASME Section IX, renewable codes, standards, and guidelines.
Renewables – Over 10 Years
- Managed diverse groups of scientists, engineers, and SMEs dedicated to advancing solar energy technology, grid integration, and battery storage research and development.
- Led technical due diligence reviews on over $5 billion of renewable energy projects in the U.S., South America, and Irish/UK markets.
- Performed technical review on all aspects of renewable energy project development including, but not limited to: Finance and credit agreements; Financial models; Wind and Solar energy assessments; Wind Turbine technology assessment; TSA/MSAs; PV Module assessment; Inverter technology assessment; PV Racking and Tracking systems; Grid scale battery storage technology; PPAs; Hedge Agreements; Interconnection agreements; BOP and EPC agreements and Environmental permitting.
- Coordinated technical due diligence of Irish and UK wind energy projects in Cork, Ireland (June 2013 ~ June 2014).
- Managed the technical due diligence efforts for project lenders and the U.S. DOE for the $2 Billion Shepherds Flat Wind Farm in Oregon.
- Published papers and critiqued poster presentations aimed at solar technology advancement and utility scale battery storage implementation.
Electric Power Industry and Defense Segment – Over 25 Years
- Project Manager for the development, licensing, and implementation of the first commercially licensed U.S. NRC 10CFR Part 72 Dry Fuel Storage System in the US. while ensuring compliance with U.S. NRC 10CFR 50 Appendix B.
- Implemented spent nuclear fuel storage technology at commercial reactor sites in the U.S. and Ukraine. Developed, prototyped, and fabricated a renewable energy Marine Hydrokinetic Energy device.
- Developed steel fabrication processes and procedures incorporating structural fixtures, weld sequencing, and machining operations for efficient production of fast paced design-build projects.
- U.S. Ground-Based Midcourse Defense Segment of the National Missile Defense Program.
- Fabricated and installed missile silo components and hardware in support of developmental flight test programs under strict FAR based contracting requirements.
Sectors | Segments | Applications
Offers a unique blend of experience in Solar Technology, Energy Storage, Electric Power Utility, and Steel Fabrication sectors. Segments include U.S. Military Missile Defense, Commercial Nuclear Power and Fuel, U.S. Navy Research Laboratory, U.S. Naval Propulsion Equipment and Carrier-based Aircraft Arrest Systems.
Clients | Companies | Government
- Avangrid Renewables LLC
- DNV GL Renewables, Energy Advisory Group
- VIGOR Industrial, U.S. Department of The Army, GMD Program
- British Nuclear Fuels Limited
- Sierra Nuclear Corporation – acquired by BNFL
- ABB Impell Corporation
- U.S. Department of The Army
- U.S. Naval Sea Systems Command